Volunteering, academic study visits and activities in Cape Town
KILROY offers to arrange professional study visits in Cape Town and the surrounding area. These may include visits to companies, cultural institutions, and attractions of various kinds. We can also help outdoor adventures as well as practical information about transportation.
Lectures and Study visits
A variety of lectures and study trips can be arranged to cover any topic from conservation to humanitarian issues.
- South Africas Political System: Go on a journey through the houses of parliament and learn about South Africa’s previous and current political landscape.
- Black and White: Go on an informative walking tour through the city of Cape Town where a guide will tell you about the different laws that were imposed during Apartheid and the classification of races.
- Human Rights: Visit the District Six where thousands of ethnic people were forcefully removed from their homes during the Apartheid regime.
- Educational System: Meet local educators from primary and tertiary institutions and let them share their stories and in depth knowledge of the educational system and social dynamics.
- Vineyards: Dubanville Vineyards located 20 minutes from Cape Town city centre, overlooks Table Mountain and Robben Island or Stellenbosch Vinyards are where some of South Africa’s top wines are produced.
Activities and trips
Besides volunteering and study related visits there are plenty of action and outdoor activites to try out during a stay in the Cape region.
- Robben Island Tour
- Tour to Cape of Good Hope (Cape Point)
- Cape Town Walking Tour
- Visit to museums
- Penguin Sanctuary
- Shark cage diving
- Whale Watching
- Surfing Lessons
- Day Safari
KILROY has a wide range of options for volunteering, study visits and activities. We put together tailored programs based on your wishes and needs. Contact us to learn about the study visits we can arrange for you in Cape Town.